Key west inspired nursery

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I just finished my 3 month old sons nursery. Since I spent most of my childhood in Key West Florida
I decided to have a Key west theme or a tropical theme. My memory of Key West are the bright pastel colors on vintage houses, colors of the sky and beach when the sun is setting. Playing on the beach every day since the beach was the backyard of the house :) I loved collecting shells and I still have some shells that i found on the beach when I was a kid so my first project was to drill holes in them and make a mobile for the crib. I remember that my mother and sister where always doing all kinds of macrame projects which I think I will always love. And even though I have been doing my own Macrame projects I was not confident enough to make a crib.  So I was lucky to find this beautiful crib made in Nicaragua from HangAHammock
My son loves sleeping in it and I think it is the perfect crib for a baby. At first I was going to buy a tropical wallpaper for one wall but it was to expensive for me so I found these cool Palm tree decals from Urban Walls which my sister decided to give us for the nursery <3
I might want to ad some more Key west touches to the nursery but for now my and my son are pretty happy!


 


My little Moon
 Sea shell mobile

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |